Next stop Seattle

Well, our next stop was Seattle, Washington. We originally had 3 days to spend. HOWEVER. Our flight (DELTA), was postponed (sat on the plane for 3 hours), cancelled, rescheduled for the following day, then delayed by 6 more hours and finally we flew out (after sitting on the plane once again for 2 hours). Do I sound bitter? I don't think it would have been as bad if Delta had provided any shelter/food. Our 3 days was cut down to 1 day plus an evening in Seattle. I'm not going to say anything else about Delta (BOYCOTT) except that this is the napkin they gave me about 30 hours after we were supposed to depart, after I slept on the floor of the airport with hundreds of others:
On to the good stuff! Seattle is such a cool city. I can totally see living here, even after only 1 day of action. It's a fun city, old-school in the best way and full of mom and pop shops. Local business seems to thrive here!
We had pizza at Delancey, owned by one of my favorite food bloggers (Molly Wizenburg). It was delicious. We stayed in the Ballard neighborhood. It was adorable and full of craftsmen style houses. I loved loved loved that everyone around us was talking politics. Our hosts were lovely and invited us to enjoy Corpse Reviver #2s with them. I will forever be grateful for the introduction to this amazing drink.
We spent the day exploring downtown. I was excited to check out Pike Place Market. We stopped at the original Starbucks beforehand. It was so fun playing tourist in our own country after being gone from home for so long. We did hit up Trader Joe's to pick up some things we missed. We went to the space needle and best of all- the sculpture park! I love giant sculptures. It pretty much rained all day, but I guess that gave us the real Seattle experience :)
Seattle was a joy to explore and I can't wait to go back. The laid back, hippy vibe made me feel like I was with my people.
Come to mama. 
Good Mexican food made coming back to the US (closer to the end of the trip!) a little easier. Check out that plate of rice and runny beans. Yes.

Comments

  1. As you know, our experience with Delta flying to and from England was horrible. Pretty sure I'll never fly them again.

    What is Corpse River #2 drink? Explanation please!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment