Rotorua, New Zealand

Driving through New Zealand was awesome! Rich has mastered driving on the left side. The scenery is beautiful and the roads are pretty much empty, which makes for a pretty special ride. We stopped all along the way for beautiful views.
Rotorua is a little green adventure town. While I didn't partake in the Zorbing, we did do tons of hiking. You know how this goes...Hiking, Beautiful, yada yada yada.
One of the neatest parts of Rotorua....the redwoods forest! It was quite the sight. I think I could have just wandered around here all day, everyday.
You know how on cooking shows they say I wish you could smell this pot roast through the camera! Well, I wish you could smell this thermal hot spring through the camera. It was such a crazy interesting sight, but man, that stench.
We stayed in a beautiful home on top of one of the hills just outside of town. The view each night was incredible (plus our hosts were the sweetest). It is really a special place here.

Comments

  1. What is Zorbing? Did I miss something? You should send that first pic to Scott! I love the Redwoods pic; that's on my list for the next trip to LA.....and I for one, am glad that I can't smell the stench through the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment