Tokyo: The Food (plus more pictures)


I was pretty excited for the Tokyo food scene and it lived up to all of my dreams. Everything felt like an adventure here and eating is definitely included in that. Eating in Tokyo is so fun! Restaurants often have plastic replicas of every meal on the menu, which made things a lot easier for us. The language barrier did make eating exciting. Sometimes we would head into a corner store and just grab a few random foods/snacks with no idea what they are. Most of the time this worked out just fine! We loved the ramen, shrimp, pork, noodles, snacks and sweets. I think Tokyo has the most fun snacky foods.

Fried dough with the most tender octopus inside. And bbq sauce. 
Really good pork and onions
I read a lot about vending machines beforehand and couldn't wait to try CoffeeBoss. There are vending machines everywhere full of different brands of canned, cold coffee. I'm glad I tried it once but probably wouldn't again...Very cold,  sweet and milky.
I'm so inspired now to cook Japanese food and go out for Japanese more often at home!

Comments

  1. I hope you brought home some canned coffee for me and some specially flavored kitkats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment