Warsaw, Poland

Poland marks the third (out of five) country we've visited that was not on our original itinerary. But after finding tickets for 11 euros each we couldn't resist! We started in Warsaw.


The night we arrived was cold and rainy. We made our way to the old part of the city and it was magical. A really beautiful square, lined with adorable buildings and filled with tables in the center (and fires to keep warm!). We popped into a cozy restaurant for a traditional meal of pierogies and a mug of borscht (beet soup). It was so warm and comforting.



Warsaw is an amazing mix of old and new. Tons of beautiful architecture and cobblestone streets. But also lots of commercialized areas including a mall shaped like a bubble.


You know how restaurants often will give you a bread basket to start a meal? Well, in Warsaw we got a plate of pickles and sauerkraut. And we freaking loved it!

We went to the Warsaw Rising museum while there and I highly recommend it. It is filled with information and was a little overwhelming, but totally worth it. The museum describes the WWII occupation of Poland and the uprising that was organized and carried out in Warsaw. It was really moving to learn about.


Warsaw also had some great decorations for Halloween. This alley of jack-o-lanterns was pretty cute.

Comments

  1. I love all your pics but the second one is like "oh, yeah. That's what I thought Warsaw would look like". I have a pic of Scarborough and that's what I thought when I saw that view.
    Not sure if I would like pickles and saurkraut but I bet it went well with the beer!

    Alley of Jack o Lanterns? I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment