Florence, Italy

We spent 3 nights in Florence and had a great time. It's a beautiful city and filled like crazy with tourists! I understand why though.


There is artwork everywhere and something so special about the architecture here. There were surprises everywhere we turned. Walking down our street we found a small plaza with a full on super cute French market! No quiche, but it was still fun to find.

The Duomo down the street from our apartment!


The photo above is a picture of the view from our bedroom window. You just can't beat it.


On of the greatest joys I get out of traveling is the food. We found the Central Mercato on our second day and it was amazing. The first floor is all fresh produce and Italian products. The second floor was crazy full of prepared foods/restaurants. Below are food photos because I can't resist and food is such a highlight for me.





Rich and I have officially been on the road for over two months now. This is the longest stretch we've ever traveled before and truth be told, there are some things we are starting to miss. We start to crave things we never have at home (Why do I want KFC? I haven't had KFC in years). One of those things is candy corn. We've been on the hunt for what feels like for ever (since Spain!). Well, we finally found some at an international food store in Florence. Not only that, but we found holiday shaped Reeses- my favorite candy ever. What a score.

We went for a night walk along the river and it was just beautiful. Something about the glow from lights on inside the buildings, the water, and the leftover sweet taste of Brach's candy corn made for a magical night.



Comments

  1. The architecture is amazing as always! I wish you could bring me a cannoli....
    Want me to save our leftover candy corn?
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the brightly colored pasta; I hope you bought some!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment