Seville, Spain

We ended up taking a bullet train from Madrid to Seville and it was a great experience. It only took us about 2.5 hours to make the trip! I wish we had a similar railway system in the U.S.

Seville is such a fun and pretty city! I had this idea of Seville being a very small and quiet city- turns out it is a pretty happening place! The streets were full off people (lots of tourists) and at night everyone comes out for dinner/tapas. One thing to note is that siestas are very real here. I kind of thought it was an exaggeration, but nope. All the stores close for about 3 hours in the afternoon. I understand why now too...It is so hot here! The heat was exhausting!



We spent a lot of our days in Seville walking around the city, seeing the sights. The sights are just everywhere you turn! I loved the Plaza de Espana. It was huge and beautiful and the details were amazing. Even the ceilings were just so.




The parks here are a great refuge from the heat and busyness of the city. They're filled with fruit trees too! Everywhere you look- pomegranate, orange and lemon trees, even in the parks! One of the great things we discovered was that there are also BIG trees here! Something we haven't seen elsewhere.


Everyone eats a very late dinner in Spain. Late to me is 7PM, but here late is more 9-10PM. I really wanted to go out for a traditional late meal and get a pitcher of sangria (goals!) so above is me doing just that. I'm pretty sure this was around 9:00 which was really pushing it for me. But the drinks and tapas were great! 


I mentioned before that meat in general is very popular in Spain, and particularly pork. Next to our apartment there was a vending machine with drinks, sliced meat and cheese in it! My kind of vending machine!! 

Comments

  1. I love the pic of you two! And the vending machine? Maybe you should figure out how to get one here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment