Orgiva, Spain

We spent 7 great days in the Sierra Nevada mountains of Spain. The roads were terrifying both in the mountains and in the towns in the mountains. Twisty and narrow, roads on cliffs with no guardrails and blind curves. Yes, we did get stuck in a narrow ally (or two).

Orgiva is a special place. It's a town on a mountain, but also incredibly close to the ocean. So we had 7 days of hiking and beaches. It was wonderful. We stayed in a little cabin on a farm. The week we were there we were able to pick fresh figs, oranges, lemons, and pomegranates (and of course there were tons of olive trees!). I definitely made a few batches of sangria.



It's funny, because when we were here it was about 85 degrees out; pretty hot. But to the locals- this was Fall! Our cabin had a pool that was closed up for the season because it was too chilly out! The beaches were pretty much empty. It was great.

The farm we stayed on was really special. The light was so pretty every day. 

The hikes were surprisingly difficult. I hadn't expected how tiring they would be; the heat really got to me.

We had big plans to see the Alhambra in Granada. It was about an hour away from our cabin and we were excited. Got up nice and early to get there right when the doors opened. It turned out that all of the tickets for the day were already sold out! They were actually sold out through the month of November! But we truly made the best of it. We spent the whole day in Granada walking around town and going into shops. We had brunch which turned out really well for me. For years I have been reading about a dish called Pan con Tomate (bread with tomato). It always sounds so good! And I finally got to try it in Granada! It was just as good as I anticipated. I can't wait to recreate it when we get home.

Why is this so good?

Comments

  1. I've heard of that, too! I always wanted to try it, too. I'll be your guinea pig when you get home:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment